Saturday, October 27, 2007

Thing 18: Zoho Chic

Zoho Writer could be worthy to act as my word processor. But before I happily bid Microsoft Word a fond farewell, Zoho must be weighed and measured.

Anyway, I'm writing this in Zoho Writer. I'm going to try out a few features...let's see, howzabout an image:

Now, I had a little trouble resizing this image- seems like sometimes resizing would work and sometimes not. Hmmm.

Now, let's insert a link: TXT

Hope that works.

I am somewhat bummed at the limited font selection, and I see no way to import fonts. And I'm not sure about the interface- but maybe I'm just not used to it.

Now I'm going to try posting this doc to my blog...

And it worked! Now I'm doing some touch-up in the blog editor...

The verdict? For what it is, Zoho rocks; however, I think Word gives a little better control (although it doesn't have smileys). However, Zoho's online collaboration potential is pretty cool- not having to email docs back and forth is appealing. Seems like each one has its place.

No comments: